Listen to us on 1650 AM in the Lone Oak Texas area or anywhere in the world here on the website, TuneIn, Itunes or Roku! You can even listen on any phone by dialing 641-552-5166. As long as you have minutes, you’ve got the best classic country around!
- Kiefer Sutherland Brings Extra Star Power to Cinematic Video for “Shirley Jean” - by Samantha Stephens 7h ago Kiefer Sutherland’s cinematic new video for “Shirley Jean” could so easily play on the big screen. The heart-wrenching, timeless tune follows in the tradition of dark and visceral storytellers like Hank Williams Sr. and Johnny Cash and tells the tragic story of a man imprisoned on death row whose hard life was made brighter only by the love of one woman: Shirley Jean. As he spends his last night on Earth, preparing for his death, he writes a final letter to his long lost beloved. “I never had love, but the closest was you,” he sings. They just don’t write them like that anymore, do they? Helping bring this story to life in the superb video is actor Robert Knepper, who plays “T-Bag” on the TV series Prison Break. Combine Knepper’s powerfully subtle portrayal of the character with the supporting cast, the location, and Sutherland’s Continue Reading
- Carrie Underwood Will Get Terrazzo and Brass Treatment - by Alison Bonaguro 5h ago The Hollywood Walk of Fame that runs up and down Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street will soon be home to another country star’s star. Carrie Underwood is one of the latest honorees who will grace the sidewalk in 2018. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced the class of 2018 on Thursday (June 22). Underwood’s star, made of terrazzo and brass, will be created and installed in a Walk of Fame ceremony, which will be open to the public. The way a celebrity is chosen for the Walk of Fame starts with a nomination. Anyone can nominate a celebrity as long as the celebrity or his/her management is in agreement with the nomination. Then the selection committee looks carefully at each nominee to make sure they have an eclectic group of talent that will appeal to all kinds of fans. Other honorees keeping Underwood company in Continue Reading
- Kenny Chesney Calls on College Students to Direct New “All the Pretty Girls” Video - by Lauren Tingle 4h ago Kenny Chesney is calling on students from Nashville’s Belmont University and Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro to create the new video for Cosmic Hallelujah‘s next single “All the Pretty Girls.” The student director who submits the winning entry will receive a $5,000 scholarship that will be allocated to their tuition and a world video premiere on CMT. All concepts are welcome –lyric, live action, animation or something new that has never been done before. Chesney only has five rules: “Get creative. Get real. Get going. Get inside the song. Show how ‘All the Pretty Girls’ looks, feels and resolves. … “You live it, dream it, film it. Then send it to us,” Chesney says. “I’m looking for a video that captures what this song is really about, so I’m going to the source. Have some fun with it, and show us what you’ve got.” Continue Reading
- Nebraskaland Days Mixes Cowboy Culture and Country Music - by Lauren Tingle 24h ago Brothers Osborne, Alan Jackson, Chris Stapleton, Dwight Yoakam and thousands more live music fans will enjoy a heavy dose of Cornhusker hospitality this weekend at the 2017 Nebraskaland Days in North Platte. Billed as Nebraska’s official state celebration, the 11-day event wraps with performances by Jackson and Yoakam on Friday (June 23) and Brothers Osborne and Stapleton on Saturday (June 24). The Stapleton concert will be his third performance back on tour after sustaining a hand injury that has sidelined him from his All-American Road Show since June 1. According to executive director, David Fudge, Nebraskaland Days attracts thousands of cowboy culture fans who come annually for the family friendly outdoor rodeo, carnival attractions, music and art shows. But they stay to enjoy the good company of the locals. “Nebraskans are known for being over the top friendly and we are that in North Platte,” Continue Reading
- Kip Moore’s Slowheart Arrives Sept. 8 - by Lauren Tingle 5h ago Arriving Sept. 8, Kip Moore‘s third album Slowheart features 13 new songs, 11 of which were co-written by Moore. The new music is described as his most authentic work to date with elements of Americana, rock and his brand of country storytelling his ardent following has come to love. “This is the record I’ve been waiting to make,” Moore said in a press release. “The one that leaves you with a peace in your heart, knowing you did it exactly the way you wanted to. The one that makes it okay if you fail, because it truly came from your soul and no other place. You can’t go wrong if you can lay your head on your pillow with no regrets.” Moore was the sole producer behind seven of the tracks, and he also played guitar throughout the recording, while singing the majority of the Continue Reading
- Brett Young Says Whiskey Is the Answer - by Alison Bonaguro 4h ago You can ask a guy a lot of questions in 60 seconds. Vevo did it with Brett Young and managed to get 23 questions answered in this rapid fire Q&A. And while the country newcomer doesn’t seem too fazed by the questions, that may be because he has a couple of go-to answers for so many of them: whiskey and the beach. :60 With by Brett Young on VEVO. When asked about his favorite summer drink, his go-to breakfast food, his pre-show ritual and his No. 1 song celebration, he says whiskey. When he’s asked about his favorite place in L.A., the best beach in Orange County, where he feels most alive, and whether he’d choose the beach or the mountains, he says beach. Young — riding high on the success of hits such as “In Case You Didn’t Know” and “Sleep Without You” — Continue Reading