Listen to us on 1650 AM in the Lone Oak Texas area or anywhere in the world here on the website, TuneIn, Itunes or Roku! You can even listen on any phone by dialing 641-552-5166. As long as you have minutes, you’ve got the best classic country around!
- Aubrie Sellers Defies Convention, Takes On Celebrity Culture - by Samantha Stephens 8h ago Aubrie Sellers has taken her role as role model to the next level. The singer-songwriter and champion for female empowerment is calling out the stereotypes of old and setting the record straight for the modern woman. After watching a few classic movie clips from the 1950s and ’60s that weren’t very empowering for women, Sellers had a terrific idea: What if she took those stories and re-imagined them in a way that supported women today? Thus began a mini-series of music videos dedicated to just that — turning the antiquated notions of femininity and a woman’s societal role on their ears and giving girls today a great dose of inspiration. “I was inspired by these old films to take the female characters and modernize them and rewrite these stories with some girl power,” Sellers said. “On my debut album, I wrote a lot about women Continue Reading
- Kenny Chesney Salutes Summertime Love in “All the Pretty Girls” - by Samantha Stephens 7h ago Young, rebellious summertime love. Is there anything more quintessentially Kenny Chesney? In his latest video for “All the Pretty Girls,” Chesney gives us one last hoorah before summer is over and fall semester starts in a sweet story played out by two college kids falling in love during a break at home. It will take you right back to those good old days where you’re only concern was having the sheriff call your parents after you were caught trespassing in a field. We don’t actually see Chesney in his brand new video, but he’s there in spirit, telling a story he tells better than just about anybody “All The Pretty Girls” is from Chesney’s latest album Cosmic Hallelujah. This fall, he’s got another one coming for you — a live album of some of the superstar’s greatest performances over the last decade. Live in No Continue Reading
- Nashville Trivia: Season 5, Episode 22: Reasons to Quit - by Kelsey Wright 5h ago Let’s play Nashville trivia! New season of Nashville is coming in January. Get all of the latest Nashville news, videos and behind-the-scenes action on the Nashville Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram and join the conversation using #NashvilleCMT. Kelsey Wright Writer and associate producer for CMT who lives in Nashville, but grew up in an area of Western New York that prides itself on having more cows than people.
- Thomas Rhett: Happy Birthday Ada James - by Lauren Tingle 8h ago Thomas Rhett is officially outnumbered by ladies at home. Rhett and his wife Lauren Akins welcomed their second daughter, a baby girl named Ada James Akins, on Saturday (Aug. 12) at 10:28 p.m. in Nashville. She made her world debut weighing seven pounds and three ounces. The happy parents announced Ada James’ arrival via social media on Sunday (Aug. 13). She joins the couple’s adopted baby girl from Uganda, Willa Gray, at home. “My wife @laur_akins labored almost 36 hours,” Rhett said online. “She is by far the strongest human being I have ever met and I have a new found respect for moms around the world. We are so excited that Willa Gray has a baby sister!” “We are all doing well now, just resting,” Lauren added on social media. “Thank y’all for your prayers — she is a miracle and God is so Continue Reading
- Dan + Shay Throw Caution to the Wind in “Road Trippin’” - by Samantha Stephens 15h ago With summer coming to a close, there’s no better song to help keep its soon-to-be-memory alive than Dan + Shay’s “Road Trippin’.” And can you think of more fun people to take a road trip with? The grooving, summertime jam is as breezy as the wind blowing through that turquoise Bronco convertible they’re driving as they cruise the highways with their friends. Shay Mooney’s voice once again takes center stage, and his dance moves aren’t too shabby either. “Road Trippin'” is the latest from their album Obsessed, which also boasts the No. 1 single “How Not To.” Dan + Shay’s will spend Friday (Aug. 11) in Oro-Mendonte, Canada, to play the big Boots and Hearts Festival that also features Luke Bryan, Keith Urban, Brantley Gilbert and Brett Eldredge. The duo have a busy schedule through the end of the year, including stops on Thomas Rhett’s Continue Reading
- Jana Kramer: “Love Was My Drug” - by Alison Bonaguro 13h ago When Jana Kramer planned a lunch date with songwriter Nicolle Galyon, she probably never imagined it would come to this: her brand new single, “I’ve Done Love,” to be released Aug. 18. But after a couple of glasses of wine at Midtown Nashville’s Tavern, and before their food even arrived, the two women had told each other their life stories. And where there are life stories, there are country songs. Kramer told me about the instant connection the two women had that day. “I told her my story and touched on relationships and my journey, and she told me hers. And the next day, she said, ‘I have this song,'” Kramer recalled. Her next thought — after hearing it — was, “This is the song. This is so me. I’ve been tipsy but never drunk. And I don’t have the sting of needle, and I Continue Reading